To find a place exactly, you need crossing lines that create an intersection. This is a grid system. One grid system is used by mapmakers all over the world. It helps you locate any place on Earth. It is known as the latitude and longitude grid
1. The location 26 degrees N, 105 degrees W is in what country? Mark the spot on the map with a black X.
2. Is the location 35 degrees N latitude, 75 degrees W longitude in the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean? Mark it on the map with a green X.
3. Is the location 30 degrees N, 87 degrees W on land or under water. Mark it on the map with a blue X.
4. On the map, label the location 38 degrees N latitude, 105 degrees W longitude with a red X and write the name of the state it is in.
5. The location 43 degrees N, 75 degrees W is in what state? On the map, write the state's name.
6. Name the state whose southern border is latitude 35 degrees N, and label the state on the map.
Animal Puzzle Fun
I am a herbivore that has opposable modified index finger that acts as a second thumb.
My native range coordinates are: Latitude=25º S, Longitude=138º E
I am one of the largest land carnivores and my skin is black to help keep me warm.
My native range coordinates are: Latitude= 85º N, Longitude= 100º E
I am a spotted herbivore that has a purplish-black tongue that can extend almost twenty inches. The purple color prevents me from burning my tongue while feeding on a acacia tree.
My native coordinates are: Latitude= 15º N, Longitude= 15º E
I am a reptilian carnivore that was once on the endangered species list. However, my species has made a comeback and is now listed as threatened. People have to look at the shape of my snout so they don't confuse me with one of my relatives.
My native range coordinates are: Latitude= 30º N, Longitude= 80º W
I am an endangered species and the only great ape found on this continent.
My native coordinates are: Latitude= 2º, Longitude= 110º E
I am a type of bird that does not fly. Even though my name sounds like I would be the largest of all 17 species of my kind, I am actually the second largest in size.
My native coordinates are: Latitude= 80º, Longitude= 45º E
I am a national emblem for the country that contains the coordinates given below. I have a white feathers on my head, neck and tail.
My native coordinates are: Latitude= 15º N, Longitude= 120º W
I am an endangered primate that has a long ringed tail. All members of my species are native to the coordinates given below.
My native range coordinates are: Latitude= 45º S, Longitude= 45º E
I am a reptile belonging to the Family Boidae. I am an excellent swimmer and very large.
My native coordinates are: Latitude= 10º S, Longitude= 70º W
I am an extremely endangered animal that is black and white in color.
My native coordinates are: Latitude= 37º N, Longitude= 105º E
I am a large mammal that secretes a pinkish-colored oil that keeps my skin moist in my hot climate. The translation of my name means river horse.
My native coordinates are: Latitude= 20º N, Longitude= 14º E
I am a social marsupial that lives in groups called mobs.
My native coordinates are: Latitude= 20º S, Longitude= 130º E